The PBS graduate program will provide the academic, research, and administrative resources necessary to meet the program goals:
- Give students a strong foundation in modern pharmaceutical and biomedical science disciplines and application to drug discovery and development.
- Give students depth of knowledge and technical training in their area of study.
- Develop a strong work ethic and time management skills in graduate students.
- Teach students to speak and write about their research clearly and convincingly.
- Teach students to critically evaluate data and results in the scientific literature.
- Promote a rigorous academic and research environment in which students will add to the current knowledge in their fields.
- Prepare students for a career in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries, or for advanced graduate or medical degrees.