PharmD Pharmacy, University of Georgia 2007
B.S. Pharmacy, University of Georgia 1991
B.S. Biology, Paine College 1980
Dr. Elder is PBS’s only clinical faculty member. Her current research projects focus on the preparation of extemporaneously prepared sterile and non-sterile pharmaceutical products, beyond-use-dating (expiration) of compounded non-sterile pharmaceuticals, drug formulation for individualized patient care, and the use of technology in teaching and assessing pharmacy skills.
- R.Ph., licensed by the state of Georgia
- Patient Counseling Certification
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Training Certification
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) Certificate, UGA, College of Pharmacy
- Professional Compounding Centers of America Certification
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA), Pfizer, U.S. Pharmaceutical, and American Association of Diabetes Educators, Certificate of Acheiement
- American Pharmacist Association (APhA), Pharmacy-based Immunization Delivery, Certificate of Achievement
Michael W Neville, Russ Palmer, Deborah Elder, Michael Fulford, Steve Morris, and Kellie Sappington (2015). Evaluating the Effects of Flexible Learning about Aseptic Compounding on First-year Students in a Pharmacy Skills Laboratory. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education: Volume 79, Issue 6, Article 91.
Ansel, Howard (2014). Pharmaceutical Calculations. LWW, Baltimore, MD, Chapters 17(“Selected Calculations in Contemporary Compounding”) and 18 (“Selected Calculations involving Veterinary Pharmaceuticals”), 13th ed., pp. 287-318.
Elder, DL. et. al., Stability of Midazolam Intranasal Formulation for the Treatment of Status Epilepticus in Dogs, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Compounding, 2011, 15(1): 74-78.
Eagleston, J. Platt, S., Elder, DL. et. al., Bioavailability of a Novel Intranasal Midazolam Gel in Dogs. American Journal Of Veterinary Research (AJVR), 2011.
Israel, B., Garner, S.,Thakare, M., Elder, DL., et al., Transdermal Permeation of Novel n-acetyl-glucosamine/NSAIDs Mutual Prodrugs. Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, 2010, 1-7, Early Online.
Collier JW, Thakare M, Garner ST, Israel B, Ahmed H, Granade S, Strong, DL, et al., Accelerated dissolution testing for controlled release microspheres using the flow-through dissolution apparatus, Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, 2009 14(1): 9-17.
**Published under Strong and Elder