The PBS graduate program will provide the academic, research, and administrative resources necessary to meet the program goals:
- Give students breadth of knowledge in modern pharmaceutical and biomedical science disciplines and application to drug discovery and development.
- Give students depth of knowledge and technical training in their area of study.
- Develop a strong work ethic and time management skills in graduate students.
- Train students to conduct research with the highest ethical standards.
- Teach students to think critically and creatively to solve difficult scientific problems.
- Teach students to speak and write about their research clearly and convincingly and successfully compete for external research funding.
- Teach students to critically evaluate their own data and results in the scientific literature.
- Promote a rigorous academic and research environment in which students will add to the current knowledge in their fields.
- Train students to be independent scholars who will make original and important contributions to their fields.